Thank you for choosing Stewart Medicine to assist with your interest and questions regarding Botox and Fillers. We are certain that you will find your visit to be welcoming and informative.
Your first appointment will consist of a consultation including a patient questionnaire, information regarding Botox and filler, a history and physical examination by the physician, and a full discussion regarding options for treatment. Please allow 30-60 minutes for this appointment.
Many patients choose to have treatment performed on the day of their consultation, but there is absolutely no obligation to do so.
Botox cannot be administered to any patient with the following:
- is pregnant
- has a neuromuscular disorder (i.e. Myasthenia Gravis, MS, ALS)
- taking a tetracycline antibiotic (i.e. tetracycline, doxycycline, or minocycline)
- taking an aminoglycoside antibiotic (i.e. amikacin, gentamicin, kanamycin, neomycin, or tobramycin).
If you plan to have injections performed on the day of your consult, please refrain from using any of the following for 2 days prior:
- aspirin or blood thinner medications (Please be sure to check with your doctor before stopping any of these medications).
- Vitamin E or John’s Wort
- any anti-inflammatory medication (i.e. Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naproxen, etc.)
On the day of the consultation, wash your face thoroughly and do not apply foundation or other makeup.
Most patients who have had a Botox® treatment do not have any immediate visible side effects, but if fillers are used, one can expect some swelling and redness, particularly around the mouth area if that is injected.
Although we often treat on the first appointment, we may not be able to do so, based on your consultation results.
We look forward to seeing you!